- AVR 8bit RISC - ATmega 103L, ATmega 128, ATmega 64, and many others
- M68K family (including M68000, M68030, M68040 and M68060)
- Coldfire 32bit CISC microcontroller - (including MCF5272 and MCF5282)
- 68HC705 8bit microcontroller family - several models
- DSP56K (DSP56805 and DSP56807E) - Used extensively for stepper motor control,
data acquisition and other mechanical devices.
- 80C196 - 16bit microcontroller;
- 80x86 - Not properly a microcontroller, but used for some embedded Linux applications nevertheless.
- Motorola Dragonball MX-1/MX-L - Helped porting kernel 2.6 to it.
- Intel PXA250/PXA255 - Wrote Linux kernel drivers for this chip
- Atmel AT91SAM7C3 - Small embedded application for the FreeRTOS real-time kernel.
- (many others, evaluation only)
Texas Instruments ¶
- TI54 series DSPs, employed for high-speed signal processing such as an FSK modem.
- Z80 - Mostly for experimental purposes.